The year, 1994. The world’s population, 5.6 billion. How bunched up were we then?
Plenty of room to breathe, right? But where is everyone else?
Suddenly it’s getting a little crowded in here, particularly considering most of the grey area is quite inhospitable. Thankfully there’s no one around to call us an invasive species.
Other population density info:
- 2003 Population Density Map
- Wikipedia entry w/2006 country-level data
- Population Density Stats by country/territory
- U.S. Population Density by City and State
- And for reference, Historical/Projected World Population 1950-2050